Estate of Gordon Lindsey Isaacs
Gordon Lindsey Isaacs was a Palmerston North builder, born and bred, with proud connections to the local community. The generous philanthropic provisions in his last will have enabled regular and extensive funding to charitable organisations in the Palmerston North and Manawatu areas since his death in 1980.
The Estate of Gordon Lindsey Isaacs was established through the will of Gordon L Isaacs on 27 March 1980.
Under the terms of the will Gordon L Isaacs directed his trustee to establish a trust and instructed that every year the trustee exercise their discretion to pay income from the funds to charitable organisations in the Palmerston North and Manawatu areas providing funds for the following purposes:
- The relief of poverty
- The advancement of education or religion
- Any other matter beneficial to the community.
Funding Amount and Time Frames
- Applications to be considered as a recipient for funding are assessed annually. The next granting cycle will be from Monday 1st April 2019 to Friday 26th April 2019.
- The amount to be distributed this year is approximately $50,000.
- As a guide, the Trust is willing to provide single grants of up to $15,000 for purposes that will provide meaningful and focused assistance to facilitate activities aligned to the Trust's objectives.
- All applications must be completed online.
- The length of the assessment process is dependent on the volume of applications and all applicants are notified of the decision. During the assessment period, trustees may request further clarification from the applicant regarding their application.
Regrettably, due to the number of applications received, we are unable to provide detailed feedback on unsuccessful applications. Please note the decision of the Trustee is final and not subject to any appeals process.
Click on the following grant button to start your application.